SC
Posted By
Sandee_Cohen
Nov 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know why one installation of CS4 would show the Export s FLV in the Render to Video QuickTime settings, but a different machine doesn’t.

Flash CS4 is installed on both machines.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Nov 7, 2008
Graphics card?
SW
Scott_Weichert
Nov 7, 2008
Quicktime Pro?
SC
Sandee_Cohen
Nov 7, 2008
I don’t know about the Graphics card, but the machine is a MacBook Pro. So I doubt that is the problem.

Regarding QT Pro, both machines have it.

Is that a known problem?
RV
Radim_Vrska
Nov 20, 2008
I run into the same problem yesterday. If you are upgrading from CS3 to CS4, you will not loose FLV.component sitting in the "Library/QuickTime" folder. It was a part of Flash CS3 installation (Flash Video Exporter). Perian doesn’t help here. If you are doing clean install of CS4 (or Flash CS4, perhaps on a new computer), this plugin supporting Flash 7&8 export options is not a part of CS4 installation anymore. The only way ist to get a copy of this plugin from CS3 installation. The universal component ver. 2.1 d494 is 19,9MB, dated Febr. 6, 2006.
RV
Radim_Vrska
Nov 20, 2008
By the way, this plugin doesn’t support multithreading, I am just watching it on my 2×3.2GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon, 10.5.5, and it uses just 1 core, switching to the other from time to time… Let’s hope Adobe imperium is not striking back as an answer to the hesitating stance from Apple about Flash on the iPhone acceptance.
MR
Martin_Rass
Dec 13, 2008
This plugin is very useful in many domains (educational, video-sharing, reliability between OSX and windows…
But Adobe intent to introduce a new format f4v, that needs other Adobe software – AIR, mediaplayer, so exit the flv.component for quicktime

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections