Posted By
athens
Jun 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’ve created a file with many layers which is on a white background. I wish now to export transparent image but i can’t figure it out. I wish only the background (of course) to be transparent. I’ve tried merging the layers but then it makes me select the background again which gets messy cuz the selections i make overlaps the shaded areas. Is there a way to just select the white background and tell photoshop that this is what i wish to be transparent? I’ve tried but i always get no pixels have been selecte, etc. I’ve tried making the background a channel and also a path but still without allowing me to make the background transparent. And when i start with a transparent background and then try to export saying that my image is on transparent background, it only includes the currently selected layer in the export, ignoring the rest. Any way to select the other layers while doing this? that may be the answer.

thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jun 12, 2005
To what file format are you wishing to save?
A
athens
Jun 13, 2005
PNG for better quality
Y
YrbkMgr
Jun 13, 2005
If it’s PNG you wish to save to, turn off your background (white) layer and use File|Save For Web… Choose PNG-24 and tick the box that says transparent.

Bear in mind that if this is for the web, not all browsers support transparency in PNG files – like Internet Explorer, for instance. So if you want to preserve transparency for a web-destined image and want your tranny respected by all browsers, choose gif instead.

If gif doesn’t work for you, then you should consider placing the web page background color/pattern as the background of the image.

If it isn’t for the web, then, well… nevermind – but you can still use SFW and choose PNG with tranny.
A
athens
Jun 13, 2005
Wow, that was easy, didn’t know it worked that way. Then why is there a need for the "Export Transparent Image" module? That’s what I’v always used.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections