Why is Help/Export Transparent Image grayed out in CS2?

J
Posted By
jrdkn
Dec 27, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
G5/2.0ghz/dual/2gigRAM/OSX46/CS2 Suite

Why is Help/Export Transparent Image grayed out in CS2? I have a .psd document with all layers hidden and the image to export as an .eps is on a transparent layer in RGB and CMYK (tried both). I can’t get Help/Export transparent image to UNGRAY, or turn on.

I’ve seen this before and forgotten what to do to get it to work.

By the way, don’t the Photoshop Studio Exchanges look crappy? God, what ignorant web design.

jr

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Buko
Dec 27, 2006
Eps does not support transparency.

If you want transparency you must use a format that supports transparency like PSD or Tiff
J
jrdkn
Dec 27, 2006
I have just finished trashing all preference files referring to Photoshop and restarted Photoshop in default working space. The HELP/Export Transparent is still grayed out. What the heck did I do the last time this happened to get it to work?

Buko, I don’t want a transparent eps file. I have to have a transparent psd file first before I can export to a clipped eps which is all I want. The HELP menu demands I start with a transparent psd file, before I can Export Transparent to a clipped eps file.

I don’t think you have ever used this or you would know what I am talking about. It’s a quick way to skip making the clipping path and export all at once. It’s in the HELP menu.

Anyone else know what has to be done to regain the HELP/EXPORT TRANSPARENT IMAGE to work? jr
B
Bernie
Dec 28, 2006
Is your image in 16-bit mode by any chance?
J
jrdkn
Dec 28, 2006
I’ll check when I get to work. Thanks. I scanned a logo on a $99 scanner grayscale at probably 600 dpi. Opened and deleted the background to transparent layer. Saved as rgb psd document (then cmyk later). Went to HELP/Export Transparent Image and I cannot get it to work.

I can’t remember if I scanned as 16 bit. Can one on a cheap scanner? jr
J
jrdkn
Dec 28, 2006
CN: I’d kiss you, but I can’t get my lips around the screen. It was a 16 bit scan. Learned something today. Thank you very much. jr
B
Bernie
Dec 28, 2006
CN: I’d kiss you

Unless John R. Robinson happens to be the name of a very sexy woman, I’ll have to decline <g>

You’re welcome 🙂
J
jrdkn
Dec 28, 2006
.. . . . . hesitantly I tap the keys. Does ya wanna know or does you not? . . . . Ok, I can’t stanz it. Please, God, say your female . . . . not that there’s anything wrong with the other side . . . I mean I’m on a certain league team and I’m not ready to switch . . . uh, trade, . . uh, boy sure is cold out there . . . I mean, man, . . . aw forget it.
B
Bernie
Dec 28, 2006
LOL!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections