B
Posted By
brushit
Oct 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

1. What formats can be saved with a transparent background other than a .gif or .eps?

2. Is there any other way to save a .eps with a transparent background other than using the option help>export transparent image

3.is a .eps compressed or is it like a .tif/.psd?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PH
Photo_Help
Oct 14, 2003

1) TIF, PNG & PSD can all have transparency.

3) TIF files have a compression option.

I don’t use EPS files often myself. EPS stands for Encapsulated Post Script. The biggest advantage is for printing. I don’t believe they are compressed in a traditional sense, but they can be a rather optimized format when compared to a high resolution raster image. The fact that you can import the file at different resolutions without loss (when used correctly) is very nice. That being said you can save raster images to an EPS file as well which looses a lot of the advantages.

What are you wanting to use these files for? There are several different ways transparency can be used and many of them have limited options on what type of file you use.
HD
hot_denim
Oct 15, 2003
best transparency/compression combination file format is PNG, if that is the goal of your question.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections