HL
Posted By
Henry_Law_82
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Copy and paste from another thread, but exact same issue and accurate description:

"During installation of Elements 3.0 it looks to be loading OK until the very end when I receive a Fatal error. Error code: c06d007e, Address: 7c81eb33 and the dialog box has an OK in it, when I accept this OK the install program then has a finish button to accept which ends the install. I have the Elements icon on my desktop and if I click on it the Welcome menu appears but if I select either "View and Organize Photos" or "Make Photo Creation" I receive a Fatal Error that Elements encountered a problem and needs to shut down, same error code and address as stated previously."

I’ve done several installs/uninstalls both with other startup programs and without startup programs. Tried both full and tryout versions. Same error shows up.

Any progress in finding what is causing this error or any solutions out there?

Please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 21, 2005
Did you disable virus checking during install?
Do you have a 64 bit processor like the previous poster?
HL
Henry_Law_82
May 21, 2005
Thanks for your quick reply. I don’t have a 64 bit processor. Also, I did disable the virus checking and startup items.
CW
Colin Walls
May 21, 2005
Let’s try a reset prefs:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your login>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements [replacing <your login> appropriately] and rename the folder "3.0" to "3.old".
HL
Henry_Law_82
May 21, 2005
Question:
I do have some Windows Services set to disabled. Could this be the culprit? Does the program explicitly need any specific Service to be running?
CW
Colin Walls
May 21, 2005
Does the program explicitly need any specific Service to be running?

Don’t think so. What have you disabled?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections