Unable to install Photoshop CS tryout (error code -6003)

RV
Posted By
Roger_Vion
May 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I launch setup.exe, InstallShield Wizard informs me of an "error code -6003", and I cannot continue.

There has been another topic about a similar problem here : Future Dirt "Installation Problems" 12/1/03 6:50pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
I have Windows XP Pro installed.

Someone can help me, please ?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
May 15, 2004
Make sure your \temp folder is empty (c:\temp or c:\windows\temp) – delete any files that are there.

Boot into Safe mode and try running the installer from there.
RV
Roger_Vion
May 15, 2004
Thank you, but it still doesn’t work, even in safe mode. There are two elements in temp folder which are impossible to delete because they are in use. Has anyone an idea ?
DM
dave_milbut
May 16, 2004
you should be able to delete them in safe mode… are you sure you’re virus free? run a system scan.
RV
Roger_Vion
May 17, 2004
Yes, I’m virus free. I managed to clear out the temp folder, but it wasn’t that … Could it be a problem of Internet connexion ?
DM
dave_milbut
May 17, 2004
< http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q1073 80>

seems to be mostly related to files not being in the right place. try to download again. then empty out your temp folder before extracting (running) the setup.
RV
Roger_Vion
May 20, 2004
Thank you again, Dave. I finally found a solution : it was StuffIt Expander which was creating trouble. When I tried another program to unzip the files, it worked !

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections