K
Posted By
keiser
Jul 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is on a an Acer Veriton DuoCore with 1 GB RAM.
I’ve never had PSCS2 or any beta versions.
I ran the CS3CleanUp [level 2] because I failed to install PSCS3 months ago and gave up. I downloaded a new copy of PSCS3.
Installer runs smoothly but ends up with "some components could not be installed." That component apparently being PSCS3.
I can see that Bridge and Help have been added to my Adobe folder but not Photoshop CS3.

WinXP events shows:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005

Product: Adobe Asset Services CS3 — Internal Error 2329. 82, C:\Config.Msi\7f36d5.rbf

AND

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11920
Description:
Product: Adobe Version Cue CS3 Client — Error 1920.Service ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I do have several versions of Elements. [I don’t want to run CS3Cleanup at level 4.] My Acrobat reader may be version 6 [as I use Foxit].
Tried this several more times.
Same result.
Any clue to an easy fix?
Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
keiser
Jul 15, 2008
I spent many hours trying to install PSCS3 to see if I was even interested in the upgrade. Very frustrating.
As you suggested, I downloaded the latest MSI [why is not included in WindowsXP SP3 or in the Adobe CS installer?] and it finally worked [on the second try].
Ugh!
Perhaps your suggestion will help some other hapless soul. Thank you!
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 15, 2008
no problem. more likely your confirmation that it worked will help some other hapless soul. thanks for getting back to us!

dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections