Posted By
John_Lieu
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I have two problems with PSE 3.01:

1. "Auto" Get Photos stopped working: Whenever I inserted the CF card into the USB reader, PSE 3.0 used to load and retrieve the new photos on the card. This operation stopped working and now I have to do it manually. I also get a "Nikon D70 is not connected or is busy" error when I do it from the toolbar, but not from the "File" menu.

2. I cannot use the Help "How To’s": When I click on the "How To’s", I get the message that it is not available. Is my install screwed up?

Any input to resolving these two issues are appreciated.

TIA….JL

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 28, 2005
Would have updated your Windows copy to Windows XP Service Patch 2 ? Or installed a new security software (i.e. Norton Internet Security or alike) ?

Ray
JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 28, 2005
wrote:
Hi. I have two problems with PSE 3.01:

1. "Auto" Get Photos stopped working: Whenever I inserted the CF card into the USB reader, PSE 3.0 used to load and retrieve the new photos on the card. This operation stopped working and now I have to do it manually. I also get a "Nikon D70 is not connected or is busy" error when I do it from the toolbar, but not from the "File" menu.

The two things that come to mind are security updates or installation of some other graphic software that has taken over.

You could try rolling back to a prior configuration.

2. I cannot use the Help "How To’s": When I click on the "How To’s", I get the message that it is not available. Is my install screwed up?
Any input to resolving these two issues are appreciated.
TIA….JL

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
JL
John_Lieu
Apr 28, 2005
Ray,
I am using Win2000 Pro and not any changes to the Internet security software on the PC. The last thing I was install the PSE updates. Very strange.

TIA…JL

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections