Posted By
MJG
Jan 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not a big problem but I have 2 issues with PE ver. 2

(PE2 running on a Windows Home XP with SP installed).

Issue 1 –

PE2 does not recognise that my Sony DSC H1 is attached to the USB port.

If I try:-

File|Import|PC-CIF camera capture – I get an ‘error detecting camera’ message.

File|Import|WIA support – My Sony H1 does not appear (Though my Epson Scanner does)

I’ve tried connecting the camera after firing up PE 2 and firing up PE 2 after connecting the camera and the same happens.

Although it is not required by XP the USB diver that came with my H1 has installed (I note that the PE 2 help file says to make sure all drivers are installed) If I switch the camera on without PE2 being open the menu comes up listing the actions I can carry out does include the option to Edit photos with PE 2 but not import them.

I am guessing this is something to do with ‘oldish’ software and a new camera and I can live with it but would like to work entirely with PE 2 if I can.

Issue 2 –

PE 2 does not appear to have properly registered with my windows registry. By this I mean the icons attributable to images in my picture folders are those associated with Microsoft Windows Picture and fax viewer. The ability to set Open with Adobe Photoshop elements does not appear in the Properties|Open with context menu.

Any help with either of the above appreciated.

MJG

(Take THEDOG out to email me)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
MJG
Jan 26, 2006
MJG wrote:
<SNIP>

Sorry bad form I know to post a question and then answer it yourself but I see now that you have to manually set ‘File associations’ through PE2 ‘Edit’ menu – so I have sorted the issue about opening with and that is working fine.

But I am still having problems with getting PE2 to recognise may Sony DSC H1 though so would till appreciate help with that.

MJG

TN
Tesco News
Jan 26, 2006
"MJG" wrote in message

(PE2 running on a Windows Home XP with SP installed).

Issue 1 –

PE2 does not recognise that my Sony DSC H1 is attached to the USB port.
If I try:-

File|Import|PC-CIF camera capture – I get an ‘error detecting camera’ message.

File|Import|WIA support – My Sony H1 does not appear (Though my Epson Scanner does)

I’ve tried connecting the camera after firing up PE 2 and firing up PE 2 after connecting the camera and the same happens.

Although it is not required by XP the USB diver that came with my H1 has installed (I note that the PE 2 help file says to make sure all drivers are installed) If I switch the camera on without PE2 being open the menu comes up listing the actions I can carry out does include the option to Edit photos with PE 2 but not import them.

I am guessing this is something to do with ‘oldish’ software and a new camera and I can live with it but would like to work entirely with PE 2 if I can.

Issue 2 –

PE 2 does not appear to have properly registered with my windows registry. By this I mean the icons attributable to images in my picture folders are those associated with Microsoft Windows Picture and fax viewer. The ability to set Open with Adobe Photoshop elements does not appear in the Properties|Open with context menu.

Any help with either of the above appreciated.

MJG

Hi.

I don’t quite understand why you would want to Import via Elements.

I always find it easier to just drag, or copy, the files from the Camera straight into a folder on my HDD, using Windows. I am aware that some Canons need drivers, but the easy way is then to use a Card Reader.

This way they retain the numbering and naming they had in the camera. Importing always seem to produce "untitled 001, 002, etc" and renaming each one is a pain.

Roy G
M
MJG
Jan 26, 2006
Tesco News wrote:

Hi.

I don’t quite understand why you would want to Import via Elements.
I always find it easier to just drag, or copy, the files from the Camera straight into a folder on my HDD, using Windows. I am aware that some Canons need drivers, but the easy way is then to use a Card Reader.
This way they retain the numbering and naming they had in the camera. Importing always seem to produce "untitled 001, 002, etc" and renaming each one is a pain.

Roy G

Hi Roy,

No particular reason I suppose it’s just because the feature is supposed to be there I expected to be able to use it.

You are probably correct in that it is easier just to drag and drop using Windows explorer.

MJG

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections