Posted By
browndesi
Feb 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Folks,
I just started researching the XMP formats. A few images when i run it by the Developer utility provided by Adobe doesn’t generate any output but when i open the files using Adobe Bridge utility I can see a good amount of metadata associated with keywords.
I wanted to find out if this is something of a setting or something thats incorrect in the way the original images were created?

Are all images created using Adobe Photoshop with Metadata store the metadata in XMP format? Can anyone please assist in this regards?

Thanks
Mumbai

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 21, 2006
"browndesi" wrote in message
Folks,
I just started researching the XMP formats. A few images when i run it by the Developer utility provided by Adobe doesn’t generate any output but when i open the files using Adobe Bridge utility I can see a good amount of metadata associated with keywords.
I wanted to find out if this is something of a setting or something thats incorrect in the way the original images were created?
Are all images created using Adobe Photoshop with Metadata store the metadata in XMP format? Can anyone please assist in this regards?
Mumbai

Adobe’s Extensible Metadata Platform (XMP) is a labeling technology that allows you to embed data about a file, known as metadata, into the file itself.
It is not a save option in PS but you will find it in Image ready in the Output settings>Metadata.
You can add your own metadata (keywords etc.,)to a file in PS by going to File>File Info.
HTH
MH
B
browndesi
Feb 21, 2006
Based on your response, if there are stock images with possible metadata embedded in them, would the assumption that they are in XMP format be a good bet? I am trying to come up with a good algorithm to parse for metadata.

– any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mumbai
MH
Mike Hyndman
Feb 21, 2006
"browndesi" wrote in message
Based on your response, if there are stock images with possible metadata embedded in them, would the assumption that they are in XMP format be a good bet? I am trying to come up with a good algorithm to parse for metadata.

– any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mumbai,

I wouldn’t think so, if you look in the PS open dialogue, there is no option to open an XMP file. When I add metadata to an image file it saves as PSD, JPG,
TIFF, etc., It dosn’t need a different file type extension to include or add metadata. I have never had occasion to use the option to add the XMP option to the Output settings in Image Ready but if you do it appears to create the XMP file alongside whatever file you are saving it in. This file can be viewed in a text editor.
See http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/main.html for more info.

Regards

Mike H

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections