MR
Posted By
Marjorie_Renstrom
Jan 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In picture package I cannot find a layout for 2 4×6 picutres which is the most popular size for paper and printing. There is no custom size available. How do I solve this problem when I want to print 2 4×6 or more pictures.
Marjorie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
Marjorie I’m going to give you two answers to your question!

#1 I’ve never used the custom picture package, because I developed a manual method back in the days of PSE 1 that, once I’d done it a couple of times, I found to be faster, easier, and more easily controllable than using the pre-set layouts. The manual method is:

Have the two 4 X 6 images you want to print open on your desktop. Make sure they are both the same resolution – which is recommended to be something between 150ppi and 300ppi. Go to File>New and open a new blank canvas. Set it to 8 x 10, or at least big enough to accommodate both of your pictures. Make sure the resolution is the same as what you’ve chosen for your pictures, and set the background to either white or transparent. Leave that open on your desktop, too. Now select the Move tool. Click on one of the two images you want to print, and just drag it on to the new canvas. Once it’s on there, do the same with the second image. You can use the Move tool to shift them around until you get the placement you want. Now go to Print Preview and print. I usually don’t bother saving the larger canvas that I printed from, but you can if you want.

The advantage to this method is that you are the one in charge of selecting the resolution at which your images will print. The Picture Packages will sometiimes resample an image, and I don’t care for that! Plus, you can use the blank canvas and print a variety of different sized images on one page, without being limited by the combinations given in the pre-sets.

#2 Post another new thread titled "How do I create a custom Picture Package?" There is a way to do it, but I never bothered to learn how! There are some instructions buried deep in the forum archives, but I couldn’t find them. 🙂
MR
Marjorie_Renstrom
Jan 9, 2004
How do I create a custom picture package?

Marjorie
BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 9, 2004
I meant start a new thread, like when you posted your original question, but using the more specific topic. The question will get buried again in here.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 9, 2004
Marjorie,

If you’re still reading this topic, try this link to a foum subject on that same thing:

<http://tinyurl.com/3cvga>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections