TR
Posted By
Tom_Rauh
Mar 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not sur eif I have done something wrong, but Photoshop Elements 2.0 does not show all of the EXIF data from photos taken with my Canon Digital Rebel. Things like White Balance and Exposure COmpensation do not show. That data is viewable from the Canon Zoombrowser utility.

FYI, I am taking JPEGs on the camera. And PSE cannot display this exif data on the unedited (or edited) photo files.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 2, 2004
Tom

EXIF is a moving target and when Elements was created it did target all that was available. Since then EXIF has expanded and some of the newer cameras are using the new features … I suspect if and when there is a new version of Elements we will see an improvement in the EXIF reader.

Grant
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 2, 2004
Tom, I believe it’s a Canon thing; apparently, their fields for Exposure Compensation doesn’t match up with where PSE expects the number to be. Both my Canons (G2 and 10D) show the same missing data that you’re describing. The EXIF standard is apparently not quite a standard….

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 2, 2004
Hi, Grant: Didn’t see you there!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Mar 2, 2004
wrote in message
Hi, Grant: Didn’t see you there!

Story of my life 😉

g.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 2, 2004
But being invisible would certainly be helpful in certain types of photography. James Hutchinson certainly has acquired a knack for sneaking up on wildlife and capturing their images before they’re on to him….!
J
jhjl1
Mar 2, 2004
Chuck as you know having a 300 mm lens reach out like a 480 mm lens certainly helps.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
But being invisible would certainly be helpful in certain types of photography. James Hutchinson certainly has acquired a knack for
sneaking
up on wildlife and capturing their images before they’re on to
him….!
JF
Jodi_Frye
Mar 3, 2004
Animals sense danger. James apparently is harmless…..imagine that 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Mar 3, 2004
James, I know what you mean, although I still get some pretty small images even with the 300/480. Gotta learn that sneaking up technique of yours…

🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections