DB
Posted By
Dan Brot
Jun 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone had a problem (using a Canon 20D) with when prompted to delete images on cf card after download into Organizer, that is not done when accepted?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Codebreaker
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Dan….

I have a Canon 300D and tried this once and it worked ok. Couple of things to note though…if you shoot RAW then the thumbnails don’t get deleted.

However, I personally think it’s better practise to let the camera do the deleting. No real evidence to support this but I think it presents less risk in screwing up the memory card.

Colin
BH
Beth_Haney
Jun 8, 2005
I’m also the kind of person who doesn’t delete anything from the card until I’m totally convinced all of the transfers are "good". I’m so paranoid that I usually either burn a CD or duplicate the download to another drive before I delete. But that’s me. If you’ve ever lost so much as one picture, you’ll find it’s worth it to be very conservative.

A Canon tech support person told me a couple of years ago that a) all reformats should be done in the camera and b) reformat after every three or four fills of the card. He did say it didn’t matter how image files were deleted, so I often just delete them from the computer.
DB
Dan Brot
Jun 9, 2005
My problem is that after images are downloaded into the Organizer PSE prompts you to "delete images" from card. I click yes but images are still resident on the cf card and I must manually delete from 20D menu.
C
Codebreaker
Jun 9, 2005
Dan….

What mode do you shoot in JPEG or RAW?

Colin
BB
brent bertram
Jun 9, 2005
Being a naturally suspicious person, I simply reformat my CF cards with the camera after every download . It takes little time, and is the safest route to take.

🙂

Brent
JC
Jane Carter
Jun 10, 2005
Me too, I make sure that all pictures are downloaded and safely on my Mac. I run them thru full screen iPhoto slide show, love to do that with every new batch. Then the best of them, I back up.
Then I reformat the card just at Brent does. Thats the easiest way to do it, and way quickest. Jane
DB
Dan Brot
Jun 10, 2005
COLIN:I shoot, for now, in jpeg. Initially it was working fine..last few downloads and susequent "deletes" went undone. 20D still had images on CF card.

Jane and Brent..thanks for the info..I will start doing that..
C
Codebreaker
Jun 10, 2005
Dan…..

Thanks for the info but I’ve still no idea why this should be happening. Just one further thing…may not be significant but….are you connecting the camera direct or using a memory card reader?

Colin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections