Posted By
Tom_Bruno
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ray —

Thanks so much for replying. I tried the dialog box as you suggested, but got no change. Then, inspired by your suggestion of altering the properties of the layer I tried first renaming it — no luck — and then I right-clicked the layer and chose Duplicate Layer. Bingo! I can move the image in the duplicate layer — but not in the original. Whatever that’s about. Then I deleted the original and renamed the duplicate to the original name, so it looks exactly the same as before the changes, and it works. I’m glad it works now, but I wish I knew why! I would never have thought to alter layer properties without your nudge in that direction, so thanks a million. You’ve saved me days of hand wringing.

Tom B.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TM
thomas_maske
Jun 11, 2005
I am using PE with eMac and layer of a picture and a layer of words. This is saved as a jpg and put in iMovie. Since I want to use the same picture over and over I had it as 1 layer and the 2nd layer was the words and the third layer was different words etc. But now that I go back to the jpg it shows only the picture and words as 1 layer and it is locked. I cannot figure out how to get the two separated. When I double click I can unlock it but now it is still one layer with picture and words and can’t get rid of the words. I really don’t want to redo all this and hope there is a way to get back to the original.

Thomas
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Jun 11, 2005
Unfortunately, JPEGs don’t have layers. If you didn’t keep your original someplace, you’ll have to redo it. .psd, TIFF, and PDF files can have layers, so for future reference the way you’d do it is to keep the original as a psd file and Save As a JPEG for each change.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections