S
Posted By
Stagshrine
Jan 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to work on some photos that were put on a CD from my flash cards at a Camera store.
The files are locked. How can I work on this files?

"These are the times that try men’s souls." Tom Paine

Stagshrine

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups —-= East and West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—-

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
Stagshrine
Jan 21, 2006
Absolutely no help. I’m using Photoshop. I do not know what thosw insructions are for but there is no "unlock" comand on my menu. Also it is not the file that is locked. It is the layer that is locked. —
"These are the times that try men’s souls." Tom Paine

Stagshrine

—-== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com – Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==—- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups —-= East and West-Coast Server Farms – Total Privacy via Encryption =—-
B
Boskey
Jan 21, 2006
"Stagshrine" wrote in message
I am trying to work on some photos that were put on a CD from my flash cards
at a Camera store.

You might try the suggestions shown on this page.
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/tips-cs2- layers.html .
J
jeffc
Jan 21, 2006
You must unlock files outside of your application. In Windows, find the file and either Alt-Enter or right-click and select properties. Uncheck the box that says ‘read only’. On a mac, find the file and press cmd-I, then uncheck the ‘locked’ box.

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 05:02:56 -0600, "Jimmy"
wrote:

"Stagshrine" wrote in message
I am trying to work on some photos that were put on a CD from my flash cards
at a Camera store.

You might try the suggestions shown on this page.
http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/jennifer/tips-cs2- layers.html .
B
Boskey
Jan 21, 2006
"Buster" wrote in message
You must unlock files outside of your application. In Windows, find the file and either Alt-Enter or right-click and select properties. Uncheck the box that says ‘read only’. On a mac, find the file and press cmd-I, then uncheck the ‘locked’ box.
This isn’t the situation at all. You are changing the file attributes, while the originator wanted only to unlock layers with a file. PS does allow the user to lock layers or groups of layers. If you have CS or CS2 you can go into the PS help and type in ‘Layer Lock’. This will show you how to apply the locks.

As the link indicated, to unlock, one should be able to open the image, select the layer or layer group that is locked, go to layer>layer lock, then uncheck the option.
J
jeffc
Jan 22, 2006
Actually, the message I replied to (not the original post) complained that the file was locked and they counldn’t edit it.

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:52:07 -0600, "Jimmy"
wrote:

"Buster" wrote in message
This isn’t the situation at all. You are changing the file attributes, while the originator wanted only to unlock layers with a file. PS does allow the user to lock layers or groups of layers. If you have CS or CS2 you can go into the PS help and type in ‘Layer Lock’. This will show you how to apply the locks.

As the link indicated, to unlock, one should be able to open the image, select the layer or layer group that is locked, go to layer>layer lock, then uncheck the option.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 22, 2006
As the link indicated, to unlock, one should be able to open the image, select the layer or layer group that is locked, go to layer>layer lock, then
uncheck the option.

Same here!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections