DH
Posted By
Debra_Helm
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you keep the layers palette so it stays onscreen at all times? Every time I click anywhere outside the palette, it disappears again! Thanks for any information.
Debbie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 20, 2004
Debbie, you have to click on it in the palette well and hold down the mouse button, then drag it down onto the desktop below. When you close and reopen the program, it should stay below.
DH
Debra_Helm
Feb 20, 2004
Chuck, thank you so much! I just tried it. I really appreciate your help! Debbie
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 20, 2004
Debbie, you’re welcome of course! Now did you try closing and re-opening the program to see if it stuck?
🙂
HS
Hugh_Stratford
Feb 20, 2004
Chuck

Thanks!you just solved one of my many problems since I left my darkroom to print with a @##@#@#@ computer.
Hugh
JR
John_R._Collins
Feb 20, 2004
Hi,

As a segue, I ran into a problem the other day when all of my layers became locked. The manual talks about locking layers but nowhere does it say anything about unlocking them once they’ve been locked.(other than deleting them). Does anyone know what the unlocking secret is?

Thanks,

John
BG
Byron Gale
Feb 20, 2004
To my knowledge, the two icons at the top of the Layers palette are the only controls to lock/unlock layers.

On the topic, I would be interested in hearing from any who use the layer locks — how are they helpful?

Byron
HS
Hugh_Stratford
Feb 20, 2004
Chuck;

Click on WHAT in the palette well? (to lock it in place) My palette appears on my desktop, or work space in Elements 2, where would I drag it to?
Hugh
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Feb 21, 2004
Hugh, I think in Debbie’s case the Layers palette was residing in the palette well; when that’s the case, it closes there every time you click somewhere else on the toolbar. If you already have the Layers palette down on your desktop, you should just have it pushed to the side of where your image appears – and it shouldn’t close unless you close it on purpose….I think.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections