Posted By
Trizicklo
Apr 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello guys!

I was wondering if it is possible to move linked layers into a Folder all at once? Let me know.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 19, 2004
There’s New Set from Linked from the flyout arrow. That work for you? I don’t think there’s a way to move them all into an existing set in one shot. Could be wrong though.
T
Trizicklo
Apr 19, 2004
So far this works fine for me! If anybody else knows if it’s possible to drag linked layers to an existing Set Folder, please let me and everybody else know.

Thanks a lot Ed!
EW
ekim_wahs
Apr 20, 2004
You get linked layers into an existing set by:
Create an empty set in the layer set you want the layers to go into. Link this set to the linked layers you want targeted.
Make the empty set the active selection in the Layers Palette. Select Make Layer Set from Linked Layers from the Palette flyout.
J
jonf
Apr 20, 2004
This doesn’t seem to be available in PS7 (Make Layer Set is grayed out). Is it different on CS? Will it also work if the set you’d like to move the linked layers into already has other layers in it?
L
LRK
Apr 20, 2004
Jon,

Check all your links, make sure you have an actual image layer selected and that all linked files are not unlinked from any masks or grouped files.
EW
ekim_wahs
Apr 20, 2004
Photoshop 7 does not support nested layers, so what I described will not work there. However in CS this will work, and yes you can move them into a set with existing layers in it. It will create a nested layer set containing the linked layers and the empty layer set.

In the steps described you need to make sure that the active item in the layer palette is the empty layer set. If you have one of the linked layers outside of the destination set selected the set will be created outside of the folder.

Of course you could just create set from linked and drag that set into the destination set too.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections