Move Tool Auto-Select Group/Layer Toggle?

JE
Posted By
John_E_Derry
Jan 21, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi:

I regularly use the Move Tool’s Options palette Auto-Select Group functionality. I’ve not been able to find any reference to a keyboard shortcut for being able to temporarily toggle from auto-selecting Group to Layer. It seems to me that it would be a useful shortcut.

As it is, the user must select "Layer" in the drop-down menu in the Options palette. It would be much quicker if a keyboard shortcut enabled this toggling.

I’ve noticed that—while the Auto-Select option is set to Group—you can hold the command key and right-click a layer (with the Move cursor) within a group and it will be selected in the Layer panel. At this point, you can move the selected layer using the arrow keys, but not with the Move cursor. It would be really slick if the Move tool cooperated and allowed moving the selected layer.

Is there some shortcut or technique I’m missing that would approximate this functionality?

-john

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections