Posted By
yee_kwan
Jul 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

This is driving me nuts. I’m using PS7/Image Ready and have a doc saved as a psd file. If I open it in either program I no longer have access to the layers of the file. It is already in RGB mode and I just don’t know how to unlock the layers. Instead of all the layers I had previously all I have is one layer named "background" and the lock icon tell me that the layers are partially locked.

Can anyone please help me unlock this thing so I can get back to it?

Thanks so much!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Jul 18, 2004
Yee-Kwan,

You have flattened the file before saving it – I’m afraid there is no way to get the individual layers back. Renaming the Background layer to any other name will unlock it
CS
clifford_sneath
Jul 19, 2004
I’m working with Photoshop elements, I would like to change things within an image. For instance make my muscle bound body with a new face, just for fun stuff, or make my wife big busted. Is this Layering or what do I need to do these fun things. Thank You Cliff
L
LenHewitt
Jul 20, 2004
Suggest you post in the Elements Forum, Clifford:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.eeb4f8b

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections