TM
Posted By
Theresa Mesa
Sep 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve checked my Photoshop book, the online help, the knowledgebase and done a forum search. I may be using the wrong keywords.

When I go to Save for Web and Devices and I look at the optimized, two-up view or four-up views, down in the optimization info area in the lower left hand side of the window, how do I change the default speed from 28.8 to something else? In CS2 there was a way to change this, and now I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do it in CS3.

Can anyone please help? Thank you in advance.

Photoshop CS3, OS 10.5.5, MacPro, 4G RAM

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 24, 2008
how do I change the default speed from 28.8 to something else?>

Control Click on the place where it says "28.8" and choose a different setting from the pop-up Contextual menu.
TM
Theresa Mesa
Sep 24, 2008
Bless you. I thought I was going dotty. 😉
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 24, 2008
Not surprising really … because that feature IS pretty well hidden.

🙂
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2008
Theresa, just to clarify for the benefit of others reading this thread in the future, if I recall correctly, those settings DO NOT affect the file at all, they’re there for the only purpose of showing you how long the file will take to open at each of the indicated connection steps so that you can choose an appropriate size for the file.

The "default" setting is, therefore, only relevant to the extent that you may want to see that information at a given connection speed every time you save a file without having to click on the contextual menu.
TM
Theresa Mesa
Sep 25, 2008
That is correct. I would imagine that very few people are on a 28.8kbps connection, except people on Apple phones using the Edge or 3G network <grin> (horrible flashbacks to dial-up days!!! because I own a first-gen iPhone), and I want to make sure my images are downloading fast enough. There are other tools I can use via FF to check the weight of my page, but I really look at this info in Photoshop’s "Save for Web" window when I’m optimizing for the web.
R
Ram
Sep 25, 2008
Understood, Theresa. Thank you for confirming that understanding. 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections