How Do I Change the JPEG Save As Default?

IA
Posted By
i_am_jim
Jun 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Tue, 29 May 2007 08:22:35 -0700, wrote:

I would favor tiff or psd over jpg, though file size may be an issue.

I agree completely, but this organization will only accept JPEGs. And, they aren’t very communicative about why. I suspect it is some kind of superstitious behavior.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Jun 4, 2007
As far as I know, the jpeg settings default to whatever the jpeg was saved as previously. So my guess is that the jpegs you are receiving are being saved with "progressive" to begin with.
IA
i_am_jim
Jun 7, 2007
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:26:50 -0700, wrote:

As far as I know, the jpeg settings default to whatever the jpeg was saved as previously. So my guess is that the jpegs you are receiving are being saved with "progressive" to begin with.

I don’t receive them, I shoot them — in RAW. I then edit them and save them to JPEG because that’s what these people want.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections