CG
Posted By
Cinda_Gazaway
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Working with Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 and Adobe Premiere Elements I would like to know how to change the default drive for saving files. Currently the default goes to My Documents and I want to be able to change it to G: drive. I’m working in a lab with 27 computers which are frozen except for drive G: We want to allow users to save files in Drive G: by default.

I’ve looked in Edit>Preferences and not found a way to change the save to a different drive letter. Am I missing this? Please help.

I also want to be able to change the default drive letter for file saving in Premiere Elements. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.
Cinda Gazaway

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
I’ve looked in Edit>Preferences and not found a way to change the save to a different drive letter.

If you are talking about saving files that have been edited in Standard Edit or Quick Fix, then the Save AS box will control the location of the edited file.

Currently the default goes to My Documents and I want to be able to change it to G: drive.

In the Organizer Preferences > Files, there is an entry in about the middle of that window which shows C:\…\userid\My Documents\My Pictures\Adobe and allows you to change it.

Specifically for the default location for importing from a Camera or Card Reader, see Edit > Preferences > Camera and Card Reader in the Files section in the middle of the window. If you are talking about photos from a Scanner, that default is under Edit > Preferences > Scanner.

For info on the Elements catalog and how to move it to another drive, I suggest that you search the ELEMENTS 3 ORGANIZER folder within this forum.

I suspect that you will need to have an empty My Catalog.psa file on your system disk (which will be a frozen disk), then have students do a File > Catalog > Open and navigate to their own catalog file on the G drive.

The part for which I don’t have an answer is how to move the Elements Preferences files themselves to the G drive. They are normally under Documents and Settings – Application folder of the logged on userid.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
Jun 10, 2005
For Premiere Elements, suggest that you post in its forum

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bb574e6>

Since it sounds like you will be teaching Photoshop Elements 3, do you have Michael Slater’s book Organizing Your Photos with Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 ? See <http://photofanatic.com/>

Barb O

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections