P
Posted By
petectid
Jul 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to change the default location for saving files, so that users can save files to there homedrive, we are using Nt4 Sp6a. Users should not have access to C:\winnt\profiles\user\personal, but Photoshop elements ignores our policy, and one of the easiet ways of pointing the application to H:\, by changing the startin field in the shortcut link file does not work with this app. Any help with this I would be most greatful.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
mprim150
Jul 29, 2003
I am having this same problem. I would appreciate any help with this. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing works.

Marion Primmer
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 29, 2003
Are you by any chance using Elements from a "server" arrangement? I don’t speak Windows very well, so I may be off base. If you are, though, Elements wasn’t written for that kind of use. It’s a consumer oriented product geared to default to the last folder used, which is how most people like it. I’m sure not the final authority on this kind of thing, but it might be that there’s no way around this.
P
petectid
Jul 30, 2003
No, although the workstation users autenticate to the PDC at logon the applications run locally. The default share path for NT 4 which I posted above cannot seem to be changed, and it does not go to the last folder used with this Os but the same folder every time.
P
petectid
Jul 31, 2003
Sorry Beth you were right, I created a domain user account, with no group membership and a mapped local homedrive. Loaded Elements saved a file to this and set all Elements settings to the desired configuration. Logged in as administrator and copied the contents of the users profile into default user. If you are doing this make sure you setup everything you want your users to use eg printers etc.
BH
Beth Haney
Jul 31, 2003
I’m glad I was right, but it wasn’t because I really knew much about what I was talking about! I was pretty sure about the problem, but I would have been up a crik without a paddle if I’d had to fix it myself! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections