Posted By
David_Garrett
Dec 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all –

I’m still having problems printing with ICC profiles.

I’ve recently had to re-install everything, PS included, and am wondering if I can purge my system of PS7, which I had to install in order to install the CS2 upgrade.

Don’t know if it will make a difference but hopefully it won’t hurt either and will free up some space. And what is the best way to do the uninstall?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
I have Photoshop 7 through CS2 on my G5 so it won’t hurt.

But all you had to do to install CS2 was enter PS7 serial when asked.

you can delete it if you want.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
Yes, the "upgrade" is a FULL installer. It only needs a previous serial number; if it doesn’t find a previous version installed, the installer will prompt you for the old serial number.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
And what is the best way to do the uninstall?

Put in trash, delete trash.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 6, 2006
Empty Trash.

If you delete the Trash you won’t be able to use it again. I know what you meant, but SOMEBODY may take you literally.
DG
David_Garrett
Dec 6, 2006
Many thanks folks.

I understood that the CS2 disc was a full version, but the prompt from the upgrade installer seemed to imply that 7 needed to be installed. Glad to hear they only need the serial number. If I could stick four full size 7200RPM drives in the MBP, the space 7 takes up wouldn’t be a consideration. Just now noticed I neglected the specs on my machine. Humble apologies from this unworthy husk.

PS splatters stuff all over the HD, so what key words would be best for hunting it all down. Unfortunately just trashing the app doesn’t drag the other files along with it and I’d like to get rid of as much of the 7 related files as possible so as to elliminate the chances of some sortell of odd conflict being the source of my problem.

It may accomplish nothing, but it would give me one less question to deal with.

Cheers

MacBook Pro 2.16/ 2G RAM/ 100GB 7200/ 10.4.8/ PS CS2 9.02
DG
David_Garrett
Dec 6, 2006
HMMM…

Wonder why eight comes out as 8(emoticon), as in 10.4.8.

And if it will do it this yime.
B
Buko
Dec 6, 2006
you must have put an 8 next to a )

Personally I dont worry about the small stuff you can do a search for photoshop and and delete everything that looks like it is associated with 7.
R
Ram
Dec 6, 2006
Ed,

If you delete the Trash you won’t be able to use it again. I know what you meant, but SOMEBODY may take you literally.

???? Well, of course you can’t use "it" again, whatever "it" is. That’s the whole point.

Sorry, I don’t follow you here.
DG
David_Garrett
Dec 9, 2006
I believe it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to "delete trash" as possibly being construed as deleting the trash icon, which people have actually done.

Thanks Buko, I may have hit two keys at the same time. Not the first.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections