C
Posted By
chevysales
Apr 11, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
format and re-install often on this machine and wonder how adobe does there upgrades?

will i have to install my CS2 then run upgrade for CS3 or will it allow me to clean install my CS3 upgrade?

in the past MS has sniffed the disc or allowed me to enter my previous license code… i like to run a lean mean machine and prefer not to clutter up the registry unnecessarily if i can help it. and installling one version to run a full upgrade disc while might be the simpelst it isn’t always the best way.

is anyone here sure of the upgrade path one must take?

thanx

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 11, 2007
You can simply install CS3. If the installer doesn’t detect a previous installation, it will offer an opportunity to enter the serial number of the previous Ps that you had.

Rob
KV
Klaas Visser
Apr 12, 2007
It may ask you to insert the CD of the previous version, rather than ask for the serial number.

My CS2 upgrade does this, every time I reinstall, and I just put my v7 CD in, and off it goes.
D
dcole
Apr 19, 2007
Does the previous version have to be a full version of PS? (7-CS2)

Or will an upgrade version (of 7-CS2) do?

I have a full version of 5.5 but upgrades thereafter.

Thanks

David
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Apr 19, 2007
Upgrades are fine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections