Installing CS upgrade with no previous version on disk ?

N
Posted By
nospam
Feb 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today I received my PS CS upgrade from Adobe, and the 6.0 version to upgrade is still at the post office.

Do I need to install PS 6.0 first ? Or can I install CS directly, entering the 6.0 serial number ? How about in the future ?

Think I read somewhere that pre-7.0 versions would be more trouble to upgrade.

I am also considering if I should install the activation crack or not, since as a hobbyist I do move hardware components between computers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Rick
Feb 12, 2004
"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote in message
Today I received my PS CS upgrade from Adobe, and the 6.0 version to upgrade is still at the post office.

Do I need to install PS 6.0 first ? Or can I install CS directly, entering the 6.0 serial number ? How about in the future ?

The middle one.

I am also considering if I should install the activation crack or not, since as a hobbyist I do move hardware components between computers.

Then definitely get and install the crack, on principle if nothing else.

Rick
TF
Todd F
Feb 13, 2004
I upgraded from 6 to CS and didn’t have 6 installed. The only proof I had to provide was the 6 media or a folder where the program had been installed. I was never prompted for an old serial number to complete the install, only the CS serial #.

Todd

"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote in message

N
nospam
Feb 13, 2004
On 2004-02-13, Todd F wrote:
I upgraded from 6 to CS and didn’t have 6 installed. The only proof I had to provide was the 6 media or a folder where the program had been installed. I was never prompted for an old serial number to complete the install, only the CS serial #.

OK – Thanks. In the meantime I had installed my PS 6 first. It some some plug-ins not in CS anyway, so just moved them over afterwards.

Haven’t installed the crack yet.
K
KBob
Feb 16, 2004
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:25:04 +0000 (UTC), "Povl H. Pedersen" wrote:

On 2004-02-13, Todd F wrote:

OK – Thanks. In the meantime I had installed my PS 6 first. It some some plug-ins not in CS anyway, so just moved them over afterwards.

Haven’t installed the crack yet.

Also be aware that there’s a crack for CS’s currency discrimination "feature." Also there’s a new and revised RAW plugin for CS available (free) at the Adobe site.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections