SS
Posted By
Stan_Schwartz
Jul 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been upgrading PS since V5. My desktop is properly upgraded to CS3 but my laptop is still on CS2. I haven’t gotten around to upgrading it because I was going to replace it.

This old laptop started with V7, I think, and has been upgraded sequentially to CS2.

I will get the new laptop this week. I would like to put CS3 on it. I am worried about uninstalling CS2 from my old one and then trying to install the CS3 from the upgrade discs without it having CS2 on it.

Or do I need to install CS2 from my CS2 upgrade discs first and then install CS3 from my CS3 upgrade discs?

Thanks, Stan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RS
Roberta_Sealey
Jul 7, 2007
I had this issue when I bought a laptop and loaded it with PS7. When the time came, I intended upgrading to CS2. I was advised then by Adobe to put my full version of PS7 on the laptop, then upgrade. I never got around to that. Now have CS3 which is an upgrade version, not full. So I put PS7 on the laptop and upgraded to CS3, no problems! Well, a few error issues due to plug ins that CS3 gleans from PS7, but all fixed.
BL
Bob Levine
Jul 7, 2007
You don’t need to do anything except install CS3. It will ask for a qualifying product if it can’t find anything installed (which will be the case on a new machine) and at that point you can swap the disks and put the CS2 disk in the drive.

You’ll be prompted to swap the disks again to continue with the install.

Bob
SS
Stan_Schwartz
Jul 7, 2007
Oh. So an upgrade disk can be a qualifying product…right?
RK
Ronald Keller
Jul 8, 2007
Correct.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections