Posted By
Barb_Clayton
Aug 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I am installing a new computer. On my old computer (windows xp pro). I had Adobe Photoshop 5.5, worked fine. Then I purchased 7.0 upgrade and it never did work right. I want to make sure on this new computer that I am installing correctly. Do I first install Adobe PHotoshop 5.50, then install 7.0? Do I then delete 5.50?

I am sorry, this is such a silly question, but on my old computer it was like I had both photoshop5.5 and 7.0 as separte programs.

Thanks
Barb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
BobLevine
Aug 28, 2004
Just install 7. Have the 5.5 CD handy for verification during the installation.

Bob
BC
Barb_Clayton
Aug 28, 2004
Hi Bob,
I know that was such a silly question. Not real up to speed on computers…Thank you so much for your quick response… off to install. Gosh I feel so silly!
Thanks
Barb
JM
John_McLean
Aug 28, 2004
Make sure you get the update to 7.01 from Adobe site.

Jack
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2004
but on my old computer it was like I had both photoshop5.5 and 7.0 as separte programs.

that’s exactly right. they don’t go into the same folder. both stay seperate. the other posters are correct. no need to install 5.5. just install 7 and it’ll ask for the 5.5 disk for verification.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections