Ejecting CD on G5 to install photoshop CD 6 upgrade?

RC
Posted By
Rob_CS
Jul 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to install an upgrade to Photoshop 6 on my new G5 (panther 10.3.4). (I don’t have Photoshop 7 yet)

In order to install the upgrade CD it requires that I insert a valid photoshop 4 CD, but the installer window doesn’t seem to allow me to temporarily eject the photoshop 6 upgrade CD in order to insert the photoshop 4 CD. The eject button doesn’t work while in the installer mode, and the Control E doesn’t work as well.

When I try to install the upgrade photoshop 6 CD, a window comes up that says: This upgrade requires proof of ownership of photoshop 4 or later. Please insert an original valid CD-ROM.

When I click the continue button a VISE installer window comes up that says: "Please insert the CD-ROM from Photoshop 4 or later, then select the CD.

Note: If necessary, you can temporarily eject the current CD-ROM from your driver."

But the Eject button in the pane is greyed out, so I can’t select and eject the photshop 6 CD in order to insert the photoshop 4 one.

Any ideas as to how to do this? This may be more of a "G5/Apple" question, but I’m sure a lot of Mac people use this forum, so I thought someone could help out.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 17, 2004
It may not work at all. You are installing in the Classic enviroment. Some Adobe apps just won’t install correctly and never work. It would be best to install boot in OS9, but you can’t do that.

The only other alternative is to copy the PS6 installer to the hard drive and leave the PS5 CD in the computer or make a disk image of PS5 and install from the CD.

Go get Photoshop CS for $169 and quite trying to muddle through PS6 and Classic. You’ve got a G5 why are you crippling it with outdated software??
R
Ram
Jul 18, 2004
Rob,

You have a G5 and are not upgrading to Photoshop 8 for a mere $169? Sorry, but that makes no sense.

Especially if the version you have is Photoshop 6. Of all Photoshop versions (after v. 3), 6.x is the only one that can’t open certain files created in Photoshop CS:

Chris Cox "Some images saved in Photoshop CS will not open in Photoshop 6" 2/13/04 3:45pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections