Can I install PS 5.5 on AMD machine (for later upgrade to 7.0)?

P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am considering buying a new system with AMD Athlon processor and Windows 2000 Pro (latest svc pk). Currently, I use PS5.5 on my Pentium2, and will be upgrading to PS7.0 after I buy the new system. My question is: Can I install PS5.5 on an AMD machine? I read the following in the support files:

Support of Non-Intel Processors with Photoshop for Windows: Adobe Photoshop 6.0 is compatible only with Pentium-class Intel or AMD processors. Photoshop 5.x is compatible only with Pentium or faster Intel processors. If you use an incompatible processor with Photoshop, Adobe Technical Support can suggest basic troubleshooting steps but can’t guarantee that Photoshop will run correctly.

What if I just install PS5.5 on the new system, and then upgrade to 7.0 before I use it?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RH
r_harvey
Sep 27, 2003
What if I just install PS5.5 on the new system, and then upgrade to 7.0 before I use it?

You don’t have to install 5.5 before installing the 7.0 upgrade. When you install 7.0, it’ll ask for proof of ownership; just follow the directions.
P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
Thanks. Does anyone know of any Adobe software that is incompatible with the Athlon AMD processors?
RH
r_harvey
Sep 27, 2003
Nope. Some early Athlon motherboards, maybe.
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 27, 2003
I run all of my adobe products on an AMD athalon 700.
J
janh
Sep 27, 2003
NO!,NO, AND NO! Software is not processor specific!
"maryann norwood" wrote in message
Thanks. Does anyone know of any Adobe software that is incompatible with
the Athlon AMD processors?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections