B
Posted By
BorealisDancer
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I print a photo in Photoshop Elements 2.0 it looks blurry. The same image printed with ‘MS Picture It’ looks great. I used the default print settings on both programs. Any ideas?

I have just purchased Elements and so far I am not impressed. It will not display images full screen and the print quality is terrible. I got a copy of ‘Picture It! Photo Premium 9’ with my computer. I bought Elements because I was told it was a more sophisticated program. Is this true? Should I stick with it or try to take it back? I got it at Wal-Mart and they may take it back; I’m not certain. I am passionate about photography but don’t have a lot of money.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
Terry Boyles
Feb 19, 2004
Bob,
The default in PSE I believe is 72ppi. Go to picture package and change this to 300 that might solve you problem.

Terry
MR
Mark_Reibman
Feb 19, 2004
….Or without using picture package go to Image>Resize>Image size and set your resolution for about 300. My guess is that you were using picture package to do your prints and for some reason it uses 72 as the default. Good for the web. Not for printing.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections