Posted By
Fred Flinstone
Mar 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
How in the hell do you print a banner using Photoshop 6, I have WinXp and a HP Deskjet 1120c which is using the winxp drivers as HP doesn’t support this anymore. What I am trying to do is print a 8" x 36" banner

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

A
Aloha
Mar 15, 2005
Making any size banner in Photoshop is a simple enough task. Just create the size image you want and then edit it. The actual size of the final printed image is a function of your printer. My printer, and I assume most, have an option for creating custom sizes for the paper you are using. With such a wide image you will have to rotate it first so that it prints out vertically and not horizontally and wind up cropped to the 8 inch dimension.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.

"The Tempest" Wm. Shakespeare
FF
Fred Flinstone
Mar 15, 2005
I wish I could do custom size paper but unfortunately with the winxp drivers and the fact HP doesn’t support my printer there is no custom size in the drop down menu, and that is where the problem lies. Thanks anyway "Aloha" wrote in message
Making any size banner in Photoshop is a simple enough task. Just create the size image you want and then edit it. The actual size of the final printed image is a function of your printer. My printer, and I assume most, have an option for creating custom sizes for the paper you are using. With such a wide image you will have to rotate it first so that it prints out vertically and not horizontally and wind up cropped to the 8 inch dimension.

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep.

R
RSD99
Mar 15, 2005
Have you checked out Qimage … maybe it will "support" your printer and provide the panorama-like printing functionality you seem to be looking for:

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/

"Fred Flinstone" wrote in message
I wish I could do custom size paper but unfortunately with the winxp
drivers
and the fact HP doesn’t support my printer there is no custom size in the drop down menu, and that is where the problem lies. Thanks anyway "Aloha" wrote in message
Making any size banner in Photoshop is a simple enough task. Just
create
the size image you want and then edit it. The actual size of the final printed image is a function of your printer. My printer, and I assume most, have an option for creating custom sizes for the paper you are using. With such a wide image you will have to rotate it first so that
it
prints out vertically and not horizontally and wind up cropped to the 8 inch dimension.

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep.

D
Dave
Mar 16, 2005
Fred Flinstone wrote:
Hi,
How in the hell do you print a banner using Photoshop 6, I have WinXp and a HP Deskjet 1120c which is using the winxp drivers as HP doesn’t support this anymore. What I am trying to do is print a 8" x 36" banner
Thanks
Try here and see if this helps:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownl oad.jsp?pnameOID=14497&locale=en_US&taskId=135&p rodSeriesId=25522&prodTypeId=18972&lang=it&cc=it &swEnvOID=228

(Be careful of wrapping URL – I’d copy and paste this myself)

Hope this helps,
Dave
FF
Fred Flinstone
Mar 18, 2005
Hi Dave,
Thanks but all that HP has is their image editor software. They used to have drivers that also would allow you to print in tile format, which I would also like as it allows you to print 4′ x 4′ if you so chose to do. Would you know how to do that also? As mentioned before HP do not support the 1120 with win xp.
Thanks
"Dave" wrote in message
Fred Flinstone wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownl oad.jsp?pnameOID=14497&locale=en_US&taskId=135&p rodSeriesId=25522&prodTypeId=18972&lang=it&cc=it &swEnvOID=228

Hope this helps,
Dave
B
bill
Mar 29, 2005
theres a very interesting article here which is too long to paraphrase http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/parseCurl.do?CURL= %2Fcm%2FQuestionAnswer%2F1%2C%2C0xac730b0717d1d5118ff4009027 9cd0f9%2C00.html&admit=716493758+1112111332469+28353475
Maybe it will give you some food for thought
Bill

"Fred Flinstone" wrote in message
Hi Dave,
Thanks but all that HP has is their image editor software. They used to have drivers that also would allow you to print in tile format, which I would also like as it allows you to print 4′ x 4′ if you so chose to do. Would you know how to do that also? As mentioned before HP do not support the 1120 with win xp.
Thanks
"Dave" wrote in message
Fred Flinstone wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

Hope this helps,
Dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections