T
Posted By
togatx
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a digital picture of my daughter I am trying to put in the specifications for a Headshot that a Talent Agency wants

Borders 1/4 inch top and sides with 1" on bottom

Her name is suppoesd to be 30 arial and is to be centered in the bottom right hand corner of the bottom 1" border.

I am using Elements 3 to edit the picture to take out a few blemishes.

Whenever I try to print I dont seem to be able to

1. Print a picture with 1/4 margins in top an sides with 1" bottom I neve seem to be able to get a 1" border

2. Whenever I change margins her picture stretches out so her head looks wider.

3. Putting Text in 1" border in hit or miss in that I have been using TEXT box to create a "HER NAME " layer ans putting it just outside of her picture.

4. I am printing using a EPSON PHOTOPRINTER R320 using EPSON 8 1/2 by 11 Matte paper

The picture I am using is also being cropped from a 3/4 body shot to just focus in on a neckline and above HEAD Shot.

Anyway I would appreciate any help so that I can print this picture out in proper format mentioned above so her face is in the correct proportions with the right margins/borders. Help from anyone who has printed headshots for modeling/talent agency using Elements 3.0 appreciated as well

Thanks
Carl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 26, 2005
wrote:
I have a digital picture of my daughter I am trying to put in the specifications for a Headshot that a Talent Agency wants
Borders 1/4 inch top and sides with 1" on bottom

Her name is suppoesd to be 30 arial and is to be centered in the bottom right hand corner of the bottom 1" border.

I am using Elements 3 to edit the picture to take out a few blemishes.

Whenever I try to print I dont seem to be able to

1. Print a picture with 1/4 margins in top an sides with 1" bottom I neve seem to be able to get a 1" border

I always seem to fight with most graphic programs when it comes to borders.

2. Whenever I change margins her picture stretches out so her head looks wider.

That is because the height to width ratio is not what you need for the end result you are trying for. Either you or Elements will need to stretch (which you don’t want in this case) or crop to the proper ratio to fit the final IMAGE size not paper size so if you are using a standard 8

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections