MP
Posted By
Michael_Peter
Jan 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an odd problem with images printed using Photoshop Elements 2.0.

I download images from my Nikon Coolpix 995 through my HP Photosmart 7550 inkjet printer into my Dell desktop. If I use the printing software that came with the HP printer, I get a nice, sharp printout (I usually go for 4×6 size). If I use my wife’s Scrapbook Factory Deluxe software, I get a nice, sharp printout. But if I use Photoshop Elements 2.0, I get an obviously lower quality, slightly blurry, lower resolution printout!! This happens with any image I try.

I don’t understand how the same image can print out differently from PE 2.0 as opposed to these other two programs, as I figured all the software programs would use the full resolution provided in the image, and let the printer setup options determine the final print resolution.

I can’t find any information about this in the owner’s manual, the PE 2.0 for Dummies book I bought, or the Adobe website (which has pretty poor technical support). If anyone has any ideas, I’d love to hear them. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 21, 2004
You’re probably printing at a default resolution and it is too low. Go to Image >Resize> Image Size and see what your pixel resolution is. You should be printing at about 300ppi. Set it at about 300ppi where it says ‘resolution’ and try printing again. See if that solves it for you.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections