M
Posted By
mactryx
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m in the process of creating an invitation for my Grandma’s 90th Birthday. The item includes text, shapes, and a BW tiff of my Grandma. All looks great in Elements. When I print the invitation the black and white tiff is pink not black and white. The tiff by itself prints black and white (actually shades of grey) but when added to my project it prints pink.

I’m fairly new to Elements so it is possible that I’ve flipped a switch unknowingly. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

After the 4th print job I’ve gone to using PDF in OS X, it saves much paper.

Thanks!
Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MO
mat_of_the_mint
Dec 4, 2003
Are you printing the invitation in RGB and the foto by itself in greyscale? That might account for the pink cast when printing the invitation. And if printing a b/w foto in RGB, the paper (which brand) will have a lot to do with a colour cast.
M
mactryx
Dec 4, 2003
Eureka, mat of the mint you were right on!

I selected the tiff in the project then clicked Image-> Mode-> Grayscale. I was asked if I wanted to flatten and I chose not to. If I flatten I’m no longer able to edit the project. The pdf looks great!

Again, many thanks.
Jim
MO
mat_of_the_mint
Dec 4, 2003
Jim, happy to be of help.

You might want to try Ilford’s Classic Pearl paper, it has no colour cast of its own and generally b/w fotos aren’t affected when printing in RGB. Also, unless they’ve changed it of late, you can print on the back – I use rejects for test prints printing on the back. Saves a lot of paper.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections