JP
Posted By
jim_pissed_murray
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Attempts to print (any format) from Elements 2.0 running on my Mac G4 with OS10.4 cause the LaserJet 2200d to spew out countless output pages with a single nonsense line on each. The OS10.4 installation was straightforward; all other applications function and print properly. Although my 2.0 is new and registered, Adobe refuses to help (w/o fee) because 3.0 is available. Neat, huh? HP and Apple state (correctly it seems, based on other apps) that OS10.4 includes the latest driver for the 2200d. Any ideas??

JM

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GM
Gordon_McGilvray
May 13, 2005
Jim

I had the same problem a year and a half ago with PSE 2.0 and a LaserJet 1200. It was a known issue with the LaserJet and had nothing to do with PSE.
The problem was that when using a USB connection, the LaserJet could in Binary only print endless pages of garbage. The problem was solved by switching to ASCII in PSE 2.0. And, by following a set procedure to resetup the LaserJet. When I contacted HP they were immediately helpful. Hope this is of help.

Gordon
JP
jim_pissed_murray
May 15, 2005
Gordon,

Thanks for the info. I tried ASCII but knew of no set procedure. I will give HP a call on Monday when their full tech support service is available.

Thanks Again,
Jim
LM
Lou_M
May 15, 2005
This may or may not be related, but when I first installed Tiger (10.4), all my Brother laser prints came out as gobbledygook. I took the advice on Apple’s forums and deleted *all* my printers (not just the Brother) and re-added them, and then suddenly all was right with the world again. Seems odd, but it worked.
LM
Lou_M
May 15, 2005
Oh, and, um, it would be nice if you changed your middle name. 😉
JJ
Jim_J
May 15, 2005
We will work on that Lou. We had a brief chat via email and Jim was very good about the whole thing. Just looking into whether this will affect past posts as well.

Thanks for the observation.

Cheers
JP
jim_pissed_murray
May 16, 2005
Lou,

I tried the all-printer deletion and added back only the 2200d; nothing changed. Changing to ASCII format has allowed me to get a tolerable (though moderaely noise-corrupted) printer output – thanks Jim J.

Sorry for the middle name. I am not usually a poster – nor a hot head. This was my first posting – anywhere. I am usually a simple business user, with adequate experience to keep most things working – and a business policy that says when my product is part of a problem, my small company is part of the solution (w/o additional charge). So I reacted strongly when a multi-billion dollar Goliath couldn’t be bothered. Not being an experienced poster, I thought the name was for registration purposes only, and had no idea that the world would be exposed to it. My apologies. Once it was there, I didn’t know how to change it, but Jim J emailed some guidance that I will try. If I’m unsuccessful, he implied Adobe could and would fix it.

JM

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections