BB
Posted By
bob_bishop
Jan 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First 3 steps appear to work fine. Gradient fills in step 4 do not show up in layers palette. They do show in history palette. I have carefully followed step 4 instructions in book and repeated the process many times. I am using PSE 2. Book is written for PSE 1. Help greatly appreciated. What a frustrating way to start 2004. Thanks, Bob Bishop

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 2, 2004
Bob,

In the Tool Box, down at the bottom, is black showing for the foreground color? You are working on the correct layer right?
BB
bob_bishop
Jan 2, 2004
Hi Nancy: Thank you!!! I was using a white foreground. However, the text says on page 30 (To set them to black and white, simply click the default colors icon….) When I do this my foreground color changes to white. I wonder if my settings are messed up. Thanks to you I am encouraged. My final does not look nearly as good as his, especially in the Mt/Sky area. Trees look okay. Mt. Shasta is only 150 miles away so I need to get the image right. I pass by Mt.Shasta frequently. Thank you for participating in the PSE forum. I believe it was you who helped me a few weeks ago.
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 2, 2004
Bob,

I’m glad I had the key you needed. I don’t have the book you are working through, though I have heard raves from people on this forum. I believe if an adjustment layer is highlighted in the Layers Palette, the usual (blk-fore and white-bkgrd) reverses.

This program has so much potential to offer, but it does take practice, practice and practice. It is worth learning as the rewards are astounding. So continue being encouraged and impressed by the changes you can make, feel your power! And be good to yourself. Before you get really frustrated on a project, drop in here and see if anyone is around to help you get "unstuck"… we’ve all been there. 🙂

Nancy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections