Marty
Dec 18, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Running Windows 7 Pro and PSE 8.

I had PSE4 and installed 8 on my machine. Tried
to convert the catalog file from 4 to 8 with no luck.
So created a new catalog of my photographs that resides on drive D. Everything went OK. I was able view edit etc
with no problems.

Closed the program (organizer and editor).

When I reopened the organizer everything seemed OK, until I tried to edit a photo and organizer started searching for the photo. Looked at the details of the photo and the directory structure was correct but the drive showed the photos are stored on the R drive not the D drive.
I also have a couple photos on the desk top and they showed they are in the T drive.

So I built yet another new catalog using the drive D files again, exited the program, restarted and ended up with the same result. All photos show as being the R drive not the D drive.

Any ideas what is going on? BTW the R drive is a real drive, it just does not have any photos on it. Same goes for the T drive

Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Marty
Dec 21, 2009
From the adobe PSE forum got the following (correct) answer from John Rellis:

You have partitions with duplicate volume serial numbers, perhaps because you’ve used a disk cloning tool. Unfortunately, PSE uses the volume serial number as the primary identifier of a drive, and it gets very confused when there are duplicates.

http://www.johnrellis.com/psedbtool/#TwoDrivesHaveSame

Adobe introduced this design bug in PSE 6. It would have been trivial for PSE 7 and 8 to issue a warning, but evidently Adobe doesn’t respect its customers enough to do even that.

End of quote.

Marty

Marty wrote:
Running Windows 7 Pro and PSE 8.

I had PSE4 and installed 8 on my machine. Tried
to convert the catalog file from 4 to 8 with no luck.
So created a new catalog of my photographs that resides on drive D. Everything went OK. I was able view edit etc
with no problems.

Closed the program (organizer and editor).

When I reopened the organizer everything seemed OK, until I tried to edit a photo and organizer started searching for the photo. Looked at the details of the photo and the directory structure was correct but the drive showed the photos are stored on the R drive not the D drive.
I also have a couple photos on the desk top and they showed they are in the T drive.

So I built yet another new catalog using the drive D files again, exited the program, restarted and ended up with the same result. All photos show as being the R drive not the D drive.

Any ideas what is going on? BTW the R drive is a real drive, it just does not have any photos on it. Same goes for the T drive

Marty

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections