Photoshop elements 2.0 color settings problem – all images are pink!

JH
Posted By
Jay_Hacking
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upon startup Photoshop Elements 2.0 gives the following error message and then all images and backgrounds are bright pink:

The color settings file contains settings that are not supported by this version of Photoshop running on this system. These unsupported settings will be reset to their default values.

I have read some of the other forums here and see that other people have had a similar problem. I downloaded the ignoreEXIF utility program/patch as reported in a different thread. All it did was get rid of the message upon startup but the pink color settings are the same. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program several times to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jay

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nannygoat
May 28, 2005
Jay,

Have you tried deleting the Preferences file? Worth a shot. It often becomes corrupted and is not deleted with an uninstall. This file rebuilds upon launch after deletion.

You don’t mention which OS you’re using, Mac or Win?

I’m assuming the program worked properly before, correct?
JH
Jay_Hacking
May 28, 2005
Yes, the program worked fine before. I am using Windows. I will try to delete the preferences file.

Thanks.
Jay
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 28, 2005
Hi, Jay. Not ctrl-alt-delete. You want to use ctrl+shift+alt.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections