AS
Posted By
Art_Shotwell
May 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So, I’ve got Photoshop Elements 3. When I select a horizontal (landscape) photo and try to print to an 8.5×11 page, PSE rotates the photo. I don’t want it rotated, I just want it in the middle of the page along with a cutline.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

My got downright mad at PSE when she tried this. We also tried to put the photo on an album page, but there the pages seem to be horizontal and the photo aligned the same way.

Seems like putting a landscape photo in the middle of a vertical page should be easy.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 16, 2005
Art,
Under File>Page setup have you checked the appropriate orientation? In the Print Preview box, is there a checkmark in the center image box? Ken
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
Are you on Windows?
Are you printing from Organizer or Editor?
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 16, 2005
PSE gets its orientation (for printing) from the Page Setup. Check this before.

Ray
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
May 16, 2005
"Are you printing from Organizer or Editor? "

What difference would that make?
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005

The print dialogs are completely different.
R
RobertHJones
May 16, 2005

The print dialogs are completely different.

Also, the editor print dialog has rotate 90% left or right icons just under the lower right corner of the preview image. The organizer print dialog doesn’t.

The rotate icons would let Art adjust the orientation as desired and solve his problem. But, the editor dialog doesn’t have the border treatments found in the organizer dialog.
AS
Art_Shotwell
May 16, 2005
Lots of replies while I was away

Attempting to print from PSE3 (Windows) from the Organizer, with one image visible: Printer setup is letter, portrait. Click Print, the landscape image is horizontal in the upper left, but has been rotated to vertical on the vertical page. Print size set to 4×6, one photo per page, crop to fit. If I change printer setup to landscape, the page and image are both rotated in the Print Selected Photos dialog.
AS
Art_Shotwell
May 16, 2005
In the Editor, I see that I -DO- have the ability to rotate the image. And, this satisfies my needs. But, I will say that I’m surprised I don’t have the same ability in the Organizer. It actually hadn’t dawned on me to move to the Editor.

Thanks to all who chimed in here…
Art
CW
Colin Walls
May 16, 2005
The idea is that Organizer’s print dialog just gets the job [a variety of jobs actually] done. In Editor you have much more control.
AS
Art_Shotwell
May 16, 2005
Yup, I think if we keep that in mind, we should be fine in the future. Thanks, Art

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections