AE
Posted By
Andrew_E_Livingstone
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to see my creations in the editor preview as well as the full screen preview when using the green ‘play’ button. Just a black screen. Able to see and edit slide show,eg select transistions, add images etc. but unable to watch it. I don’t think I have an Adobe PDF reader on my computer. Is this the problem?

Thanks in advance

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

O
o3v3tz
May 30, 2005
Since you said Custom Slideshow, the presence or absence of Adobe Reader should not be a factor.

Do you have another system (PC or laptop) on which you can try this? Last time I worked with someone having this type of problem it worked for her on a different machine.

The suspected cause of this problem was a problem with her video card driver on the machine where she had the same symptons as you, but I don’t think she ever posted confirmation of a resolution. However, I suggest that you check the currency of your video card driver at your PC vendor’s or video card vendor’s web stie. Also check the level of Direct X software installed on your machine (Start button, Run, type in Dxdiag). I am running with Direct X 9.0c on Windows XP Home.

Barb Olson
AE
Andrew_E_Livingstone
May 31, 2005
Thanks for your input Barb and for taking your time to provide me with a direction on this issue.Thanks also for the DxDialog info. I have DirectX9.0c as well. I’m going to pursue the video card driver angle for now.

My video card is an 64nVidia GeForce2 MX. The main driver is a nv4_disp.dll,v.5.13.0001.1520, dated 8/31/2001. I visted the nVidia site and found a current driver for Windows XP, as well as another driver for Photoshop under the Adobe section. I don’t know if this Photoshop driver is specific to the Photoshop line or if it is okay for the Elements line as well. It is a huge file: 20.6 Mb, so I don’t want to download it until I’m sure it will be of help.(I’m on a dial-up service) Any thoughts?

I visited the Adobe site and downloaded the PSE 3.0.1 Update for good measure.

I guess I’ve been lucky. This is the first real software problem I’ve run into over the years. So now I get to learn more about my computer than I ever really wanted to. It’s a lovely sunny morning (I’m in EST) and I could be out taking pictures but instead here I am trying to solve this problem. And the raccoons got into my garbage can as well.
O
o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Andrew,

Sorry but I don’t know that much about video card drivers, so I am hesitant to make a recommendation.

Perhaps someone else can help ?

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
May 31, 2005
Andrew,

click on the link below to read responses in the other thread

Colin Walls, "request assistance for question on video card driver" #1, 31 May 2005 2:45 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

Barb
AE
Andrew_E_Livingstone
Jun 3, 2005
Thanks Barb and Colin, I’m following through on the driver angle and will post when I have some results

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections