BH
Posted By
Beth_Haney
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last question first – 2.0 was/is sold as a standalone application, but owning 1.0 does qualify you for a $30 rebate on 2.0.

It’s really pretty easy to print multiple photos on one sheet in PSE 1. The trick is making sure the resolution of all the pictures you want to print together is the same – all 300ppi, or 250ppi for example. Next, go to File>New and create a new blank canvas. Set the resolution to match that of the image files (300,250, etc.), set the background to either white or transparent, and set the size to something around 8 X. 10. Leave the new canvas open on your desktop, open the images you want to print, and use the Move tool to drag each one on to the blank canvas. They can be moved around with the Move tool, too, until you get the placement you want.

I gave these instructions to someone a couple of days ago and forgot to add that if you have added layers to your image, you’ll have to either flatten the whole thing or create a duplicate and flatten it. If you don’t, you run the risk of dragging a blank adjustment layer to your new canvas and not seeing anything. 🙂 Nancy gave another neat trick, but I don’t remember what it is right now. I never remember those things until I’ve used them a couple of times, and I haven’t had a chance to test it yet.

Good luck!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 2, 2004
The idea was… instead of having to make a duplicate file to flatten it prior to moving, create a layer at the top of the stack which is a flattened version of all the layers underneath. Your layers remain untouched below and you can delete the new, top layer after moving the image. Create a new blank layer on top and then ctrl/alt/shift/e.

Nancy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections