Z
Posted By
ZR
Dec 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have on old HP InkJet 870se, which is "dying".

Want to buy a new printer but am confused –

What is the difference between "photoquality printers" and "inkjet printers" ? – Inkjet printers claim to be able to print in high res, high dpi anyway …. What can I do on a photo quality printer (in the lower cost range of around $200) that can’t be done on an inkjet ?

Thank you.

ZR

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Redmonite
Dec 9, 2003
The term photoquality is marketing hype. The real difference is whether the printer is a four, six, or eight color printer. Four color (black is counted as a color). To get the best color reproduction for photographs the printers add either two or four more color tanks. I have no clue as to whether eight is really better than six.

Also the manufacturer has probably worked on making the inks for their photo printers more durable.

Finally they’ve started adding digital camera memory card slots to their photo printers. Along with a small LCD it lets you do basic digital camera printing without turning on the computer.

ZR wrote in message

What is the difference between "photoquality printers" and "inkjet printers" ? – Inkjet printers claim to be able to print in high res, high dpi anyway …. What can I do on a photo quality printer (in the lower cost range of around $200) that can’t be done on an inkjet ?
Thank you.

ZR
Z
ZR
Dec 9, 2003
Thank you for the explanation.

I should now have some better tools for my market survey, before I decide to buy one.

ZR

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 10:12:51 -0800, "Redmondite" <alanwAToperaNOmailNOT.comNOT> wrote:

The term photoquality is marketing hype. The real difference is whether the printer is a four, six, or eight color printer. Four color (black is counted as a color). To get the best color reproduction for photographs the printers add either two or four more color tanks. I have no clue as to whether eight is really better than six.

Also the manufacturer has probably worked on making the inks for their photo printers more durable.

Finally they’ve started adding digital camera memory card slots to their photo printers. Along with a small LCD it lets you do basic digital camera printing without turning on the computer.

ZR wrote in message

Thank you.

ZR

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections