BK
Posted By
Bruce_Killy
Feb 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using a USB connection, when I connect to my Sony digital camera using either"File>Import> or "Connect to Camera", I get a split screen with "Capture" on the left and "Get (all) Picture" on the right. The problem is that each time that I hook up to the camera Photo Elemets 2 loads all of the files that I have ever loaded from the camera, not just the ones that are on the memory stick at present. With 500 pictures on my hard disk this is becomming a colossal waste of time. How do I prevent the loading of anything from my hard drive and focus only on my camera? In fact the right screen doesn’t even get info from my camera until I use the left screen to capture the camera’s pictures. I can use the camera’s software but then I have to use a serial connection. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Feb 17, 2004
I think the solution most of us use is a card reader. It’ll allow you to have the memory stick mount like another hard drive. You move just the images you want to the folder of your choice on your computer, then open them in Elements. No worries about various connections and/or software that does more than you want it to do. It’s also safer for both the camera and the image files. They’re very inexpensive now.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections