GP
Posted By
gary_piccoli
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been supplied some PSD files from a MAC version of Photoshop (don’t know version), should I be able to open them in CS2 for Windows? If I need to do an import, where do I find the procedure documented? All I get is a message that states that the file is not a PSD format.

Thanks,

Gary

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
May 25, 2005
Are you sure they’re PSD files? Do they have a file extension?

Bob
GP
gary_piccoli
May 25, 2005
Yes, they have a .PSD suffix. They were supplied by a graphics art firm that told me they came from Photoshop on a MAC.

The files were sent via e-mail attachments. I’m wondering if their e-mail server could have corrupted the files.

If I open the files in a text editor that handles binary data, is there something embedded in the file that would indicate that, indeed, it is a valid PSD file?

Thanks

Gary
HK
Harron_K._Appleman
May 25, 2005
Gary,

If I need to do an import, where do I find the procedure documented?

Not necessary. PSD files are cross-platform compatible.

If I open the files in a text editor that handles binary data, is there something embedded in the file that would indicate that, indeed, it is a valid PSD file?

The header should start with 8BPS…, but there’s a lot more to the making of "valid" PSD file, I’m sure.

The files were sent via e-mail attachments. I’m wondering if their e-mail server could have corrupted the files.

Entirely possible. Can you have them resend the files after putting them into a ZIP or SIT archive?

=-= Harron =-=
GP
gary_piccoli
May 25, 2005
Thanks for the information.

Gary
GP
gary_piccoli
May 25, 2005
Thanks for the information.
The file does have "8BPS" at the strat of the file. I will have them resend the data as a zip file and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Gary

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections