Cross Platform, Mac to Windows file save?

S
Posted By
Silly__V
Dec 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi folks,
How do I save a Photoshop file that is going to someone on the Windows platform. I’m not sure where the problem lies but so far she cannot read my files. I don’t see any option in the save dialog for Windows compatibility. Is there something I am missing, or am I stuck in the Mac ghetto?
Thanks,
-V

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

I
iGary
Dec 9, 2006
Is she using Photoshop to open the files?

What file format are you providing?

How are you naming the files?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 9, 2006
There is no "Mac ghetto". All the file formats Mac Photoshop saves to are cross platform and can be opened in Windows. The problem is(as iGary says) in how she is viewing the files or how they were transported to the other machine.
S
Silly__V
Dec 9, 2006
Hi and thanks for the response…!

She is using Windows Photoshop. I sent them as .psd via uploading to my server and sending her a download link. Not sure if the problem was on my end or her end….

Should we be able to read each other’s Photoshop files?

I just tried sending it as a layered TIFF with IBM byte order but have not heard back yet if she was able to open it.

Any thoughts?
Best,
-V
B
Buko
Dec 9, 2006
IBM or Mac byte order makes no difference.

did you save the file with the .psd extension?

did you zip the files before uploading them to your server?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Dec 9, 2006
Are the files actually downloading? Windows requires that the correct three letter extension (.psd for instance ) be appended to the file.
I
iGary
Dec 9, 2006
Sounds like including the proper file name extension and zipping them should do the trick. I always include the file name extension even if I’m not sending a file out.
S
Silly__V
Dec 9, 2006
Thanks folks, I’ll give that a try….
-V

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections