saving mac photoshop file in lower version windows photoshop file?

Posted By
Nov 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have a mac photoshop ver 7 file (with layers). How do I save it so that it can be opened with Windows photoshop version 6? thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Nov 9, 2005
On 2005-11-09 14:23:19 +1100, SC said:

Hi, I have a mac photoshop ver 7 file (with layers). How do I save it so that it can be opened with Windows photoshop version 6? thanks

another question i wanted to ask

where can i find a list of all the photoshop versions for both mac and pc? or can someone tell me? was 7 the last mac version before CS?

if so, are they significantlly different?

thanks
E
edjh
Nov 9, 2005
SC wrote:
Just save it in whatever format. Actually it should be okay to open now. The lower version will open it but leave out any version specific features that appear in 7 but not in 6. If it’s a tiff make sure layers are enabled in 6. Don’t forget to append the correct file extension on the end.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
TB
the_bulldog
Nov 10, 2005
In article , SC says…
On 2005-11-09 14:23:19 +1100, SC said:

another question i wanted to ask

where can i find a list of all the photoshop versions for both mac and pc? or can someone tell me? was 7 the last mac version before CS?
if so, are they significantlly different?

thanks

About a year ago, someone in this (or maybe the alt…PS group) NG did a list of all of the various versions of PS for both PC & MAC with their "main" features. I do not think that the link they provided was an official Adobe site, but a Google.Groups search of these two NG’s ought to find this list. IIRC, the first release was about 0.8, or 0.9 for MAC, with PC support coming onboard about 1.x.

Hunt
T
Tacit
Nov 10, 2005
In article ,
(The Bulldog) wrote:

IIRC, the first release was about 0.8, or 0.9 for MAC, with PC support coming onboard about 1.x.

The first Windows release was 2.5.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
noone
Nov 11, 2005
In article ,
says…
In article ,
(The Bulldog) wrote:

IIRC, the first release was about 0.8, or 0.9 for MAC, with PC support
coming
onboard about 1.x.

The first Windows release was 2.5.

Thanks. While I recall the list of versions, my memory is growing more feeble with each passing year.

Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections