FR
Posted By
Florecita_Rockera
Sep 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed Adobe Creative Suite 2Premium on a Powerbook G4. Everything worked fine for a couple of days, then suddenly Photoshop CS2 quits or crashes while launching. Image Ready works fine, although it also crashes after a while, but it would still open and continue working. I’ve tried everything mentioned in your posts:
-Rebooting
-Trashing all the preferences (not only adobes but all)
-Correcting permisions with disk utility
-Creating another user.
-Reinstalling the application
-Reinstalling the whole Suite
-Reinstalling OS X 10.4.7
-Even erasing the hard drive to factory settings!!!
-Installing again only photoshop
-Repeating all the procedures above

AND NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK!!! It keeps quiting while launching. I found something that I don’t know what it means, maybe thats the problem:

-I trashed all the preferences , start Photoshop CS2 and it crashes, I looked up at -users/library/preferences and it appears to create some folders with strange names (unreadable characters like éG?{}) with apparently no contents.
Does this have something to do with it?
What else can I try. I’m realy desperate cause 90% of my work is done with photoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Sep 6, 2006
Try disabling Photoshop’s TWAIN plug-in by typing a Tilde in front of its name like this: ~TWAIN

I looked up at -users/library/preferences and it appears to create some folders with strange names (unreadable characters like éG?{}) with apparently no contents. Does this have something to do with it?

It does!

Those folders are generated if you Scan from inside Photoshop and your scanner’s driver is conflicting with the TWAIN plug-in.

In future, scan from outside of Photoshop using your Scanner software in "stand-alone" mode.
FR
Florecita_Rockera
Sep 6, 2006
Incredible!!!!! It worked!!!

I’m so grateful!!!! It’s amazing how such a small detail can save my life!

see you till next trouble! 🙂
EK
ellie_kevorkian
Nov 16, 2006
I am also having the same exact problem! Every time I launch Photoshop 7.0 it crashes – I did recently install a new printer with a scanner…

I dont know a whole lot about computers – Can someone please explain to me what I have to do to get photoshop working again?!!
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
Ellie,

First of all, apply the free and mandatory Photoshop 7.0.1 update ASAP.

Then, follow the instructions given by Ann in post #1:

Try disabling Photoshop’s TWAIN plug-in by typing a Tilde in front of its name like this: ~TWAIN
R
Ram
Nov 16, 2006
If you’re running OS X, you’ll find it here:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 7/Plug-Ins/Import:Export/TWAIN

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections