SF
Posted By
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
It take minutes to launch Photoshop if I leave the FileBrowser window open. Sometimes it takes that long just to open the File Browser. The FB is an incredibly useful feature, but something is seriously flawed here.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 23, 2004
um, close filebrowser. 😉 its a very hungry beast by its own nature
SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
Yes, closing File Browser would be useful. I will, when Photoshop is finished launching (unless skiing season start first, then I’m outa here).

A better solution would be a File Browser that does not hang Photoshop on launch. That’s just my $0.02, but when we all throw our in, it adds up.
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 23, 2004
er ok, buy a bigger cpu, buy more ram.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
Scott – well, normally it doesn’t hang…..
SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
er ok, buy a bigger cpu, buy more ram.

CPU is a 3 GHz Pentium 4. RAM is 2 GB.

Scott – well, normally it doesn’t hang

Normally doesn’t help me here. Photoshop is a hung as a horse.

Is there a way to get PH to launch without reinstalling? IT wopn’t get to me for some time, and i need to be using Photoshop about two hours ago.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
delete preferences – then the FB will be hidden.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
delete preferences

How?
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 23, 2004
See the FAQ.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
Done.

So, is the moral of the story that I can no longer use the File Browser?
H
Ho
Apr 23, 2004
No, the moral of the story is that you, like me and Larry and John and Moe and Curly a few dozen (or hundred) other folks just have to close the FB before closing CS. Since I have never found it incredibly useful, I don’t have it open much to begin with.

USEFUL TIP: When using the FB, hold the alt key while double-clicking the image(s) you want to open. This will open the images while *closing* the browser.
SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 23, 2004
But I love the File Browser. Can Friar Laurence arrange a clandestine wedding and rendezvous, but not screw it up this time?
L
LenHewitt
Apr 24, 2004
Scott,

If you also leave the FB to run and cache all the thumbnails (and turn off hi-rez previews), then the delays won’t be nearly so apparent.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections