CR
Posted By
Chris_Roehrig
Dec 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you’ve upgraded to OSX 10.2 or 10.3 and Photoshop Elements 2.0 crashes when you try to launch it, try this (before you delete all your preferences):

Open System Preferences/Appearance, and change your "Turn of text smoothing for font sizes" setting to something different, and then reset it back to what you want.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:
It looks like old versions of OSX (10.0? 10.1?) used type String for AppleAntiAliasingThreshold (in ~/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist) but it’s now type Integer. If you set it back in 10.0 days, it probably still says String and that seems to crash Photoshop Elements.

— Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 16, 2003
Thanks for the tip Chris. I haven’t had any problems with PSE and 10.3 but you never know.

Joe
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 17, 2003
Thanks, Chris. I knew that worked in jaguar, but this is the first time I’ve heard of it working with panther, too.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections